As senior software architect you will have a lead role in the design and development of Ysis, an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) specifically aimed at medical disciplines in long-term-care. You will guide the further development of this innovative, web-based EMR.
You will be part of a dedicated team of developers based in Amsterdam, directly adjacent to Trifork; our main software partner. Some team members will be Trifork employees some are Gerimedica employees. In this way you will have the best of both worlds: a specialized software-developer-environment to stimulate your further growth, combined with daily input from colleagues who are working around the country to improve healthcare.
Ysis is currently being used by 45 healthcare organizations and it integrates with more than 15 external applications. Beside the actual medical record, other applications have been created that support reporting- and financial declaration processes.
You will operate in a complex playing field with varying requirements and dependencies. As a software architect you will play an active role in translating requirements to technical designs and implementations. You will play a strategic role regarding the software architecture and in creating the product roadmap. In performing these tasks, you will align with the product owner, different customers, integration partners and other stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Senior Software Architect include:
- Collaborate with other architects and developers and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, highly available and able to adapt to the ever-changing business needs.
- Be on top of current technologies and understand how they might be used to solve challenges today and in the future.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Work with the product owner to demonstrate and show business value of new strategic platforms and infrastructures being considered.
- Design and deliver high quality integration solutions that satisfy project requirements.
- Identify and work with stakeholders to collect, aggregate, and evaluate requirements in light of current and future technology, resources, and budgets.
- An Enterprise Java architect with a minimum of 8 years experience, of which at least 3 years as an architect of Java based solutions.
- Strong skills in interpersonal interactions. Takes the lead and creates alignment with team members by communicating in a clear and effective manner (e.g. partnering, consulting, conflict management, etc.).
- Substantial experience in working as a software architect on multiple projects.
- Experience in at least Spring, web technology and web services and preferably experience in Microservices, Swift, Solr, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, Kibana, CQRS and/or Event Sourcing.
- Experience in integrating on-site and third party SAAS applications.
- Proven track record of working in an agile methodology (SCRUM).
- A ‘hands on’ approach focused on results.
We are offering the chance to join a motivated team of talented individuals working to improve healthcare. You will have the opportunity to further develop your personal and professional skills. Of course we offer a competitive salary and flexibility in working hours.
Gerimedica; the company
Gerimedica is Software Development Company that spun-off of VU medical center in Amsterdam. Its goal is to empower medical professionals to deliver the best possible care to patients in nursing homes and homes for the mentally disabled. This is achieved by combining medical and workflow knowledge with innovative software components and a state of the art software architecture.
The company has invested in the creation of a purpose built EMR (Ysis) that is currently being used by thousands of users nationwide and growing rapidly. Ysis is expected to quickly become the standard for EMRs in chronic care.
Please ask us any questions you may have or send us your résumé so we can contact you.
Erik Vermeer, CTO
Note to recruitment agencies: We work with carefully selected companies. Sending unsolicited profiles will mean that these candidates are treated as direct applications.